Adventures of a (Second Time) Bride-to-Be

July 26, 2011


Officially a Mrs.

On July 22, 2011, I said “I Do” to the most wonderful man in the world on the most beautiful day in the most amazing place I could have ever imagined.

It was…breathtakingly spectacular.

I made it through all my crises. I finished up the menus, got the baskets to the hotels, rehearsal dinner goodies ready, and bamboo fans decorated by the most wonderful friend a girl could have (THANK YOU, SUSAN!).

It was SO hot that week and it only got warmer. I expected 90 degrees and humid, even at dusk, but I finally gave up worrying about it. I couldn’t change the weather, so I had fans added to the venue, bamboo fans for the guests, and cold drinks awaiting them for their arrival. It was going to be whatever Mother Nature decided.

We packed the car and made our way to the hotel. Our rehearsal dinner was at Coopershawk Winery and it was so nice to finally get to relax. Since we didn’t actually have a rehearsal, it was actually a wine dinner, and it was perfect.

With wine flowing, good food being indulged, photos being taken, much to talk about, and lots of laughter, family and close friends helped Lawrence and I begin the celebration of our new life together. We enjoyed our pre-wedding festivities until about 11 p.m. and then headed back to our hotel for much-needed rest…

I woke the following day to thunder & lightening, a good rainstorm to start off my wedding day. I forgot if rain was good or bad luck on your wedding day, so instead of trying to decide if it was a “sign”, I snuggled under the comforter for a few more minutes just to bit more time to myself.

I finally got up, got my daughters up, and discussed the day’s plan with my husband-to-be. We girls, and my friend Susan, had hair & makeup appointments that morning and would meet the men later at the Botanic Garden once we were done and dressed.

The women at Mario Tricoci Salon & Spa did amazing things with our updos and color; I couldn’t have been happier as the limousine that brought us there returned us to the hotel so that we could dress. The rain had stopped, the sun was shining, the temperature had dropped, and the day was GLORIOUS!

My photographer, Aimee Eckert, met us at the hotel and began snapping what has turned out to be well over 1000 photos of the day! Between she and Susan, and then my 6yr old “shutterbug”, I have several weeks’ worth of looking at my wedding just to pare them down to the best-of-the-best!

We dressed, gathered the items we needed for the reception site, and returned to the limousine to make our grand entrance…

As we waved goodbye at the hotel (look at Susan crying in the background…she is SO sweet!), I couldn’t believe it was finally time for me to marry my wonderful fiancé’, but was so happy…the camera can’t lie & just look at my face in this photo!

I hate to keep you waiting, but so as not to make this post too long, I’ll save the ceremony & reception for next week. I hope you think it’s worth it…

To be continued. 🙂

Until next time,

“I gotta a feeling
that tonight’s gonna be
a good night.
That tonight’s gonna be
a good, good night.”

~Black Eyed Peas